autohide the menu & sidebar [LA Times]
Auto-hide the page header in the upper-left corner and the footer in the lower-right, and autohide the sidebar at the left edge of the screen. Remove the ads, comments, and/or social media buttons
(or not - it's optional).
- The front page layout is unchanged. All other pages are styled.
- Hover over a placeholder to restore the header, footer, or sidebar.
- The placeholder icons are animated to make them easier to find.
- Ads, comments, and social media buttons are removed.
- The gratuitous lead photo is moved below the article text. Since doing this with CSS requires some guesswork, the photo fades when you hover over it so that you can always read the text.
- On zoom (ctrl+plus) let the article become wider, but but no wider than the screen
Applies to:articles.latimes.com, www.latimes.com, www.chicagotribune.com, www.baltimoresun.com... More »
articles.latimes.com, www.latimes.com, www.chicagotribune.com, www.baltimoresun.com, latimes.com, http://www.latimes.com/, http://www.chicagotribune.com/, latimesblogs.latimes.com
Installs:Created: Nov 18, 2016Last Updated: Nov 19, 2016
Created: Dec 21, 2016Last Updated: Dec 21, 2016
Created: Jun 27, 2014Last Updated: Oct 09, 2014
Created: Dec 01, 2012Last Updated: Oct 21, 2014
Created: Oct 17, 2015Last Updated: Oct 17, 2015
Created: Jun 26, 2012Last Updated: Dec 07, 2012
Created: Nov 18, 2013Last Updated: Nov 19, 2013
Created: Jun 15, 2012Last Updated: Jan 10, 2015
Created: Jul 07, 2014Last Updated: Jul 28, 2014