AnandTech.com 2013 - ToneDown
This design tones down the brightness by eliminating the white background, making the content area more consistent (no blacks, no whites, sidebar contents have same color schemes).
Removed huge facebook sidebar and sidebar-ad (other ads kept in place, you must decide for yourself whether and how to support AnandTech)
Update (September 30 2014):
- Fixed article list on main page(s)
Update (July 15 2013):
- Fixed Layout after changes to CSS by AnandTech
Update (April 22 2013):
- Reworked Comment system
- Fixed minor stuff around the site
Update (April 06 2013):
- Fixed a bunch of random stuff in the article content that hadn't shown up before
- Restyled the comment section
- Fixed the 'Post a Comment' area after Anandtech finally got around to doing some work on it
Update (March 29 2013):
- Added styling to button-type input elements so they're not quite so ugly anymore
- Fixed and styled a horde of small details around the site, too many to list
Update (March 28 2013):
- Fixed the incompatability issue causing this style not to work properly with Firefox
- Changed the text-alignment for article content so that all text appears left-justified
there has been a request to change the font (Arimo) to something more legible.
However, I don't want to impose any font rules on users. If you wish to change the font, you can very easily create a style for your own use.
Update (March 13 2013):
- Updated comment section: Removed the 'reply' button, it now appears at the top of a comment when you hover over it. This reduces the excess whitespace between comments.
- 'fused' reply comments together to make it visually more clear which comment started off a thread.
- Eliminated whitespace around reply box (inline reply directly to a comment), making it more obvious to which comment you're replying to when it appears.
Update (March 12 2013):
- Edited the Overview pages for each category to make individual articles stand out from each other
- Added a shadow to the text in the 'featured info' box to make it more legible against the grey background
Update (March 11 2013):
- Did a few additional tweaks to visually/spatially separate certain elements and eliminate rogue colors.
- Also, Comment box is now resizable (provided you're using a proper, up-to-date browser).
- Re-added the Dailytech sidebar, tweaked colors to match overall theme (same goes for Twitter feed)
- Finally, comments now have visual styles to indicate the nesting level (Comment -> Reply -> Reply etc.). It's not perfect but it is the best I could do lacking proper markup.
Installs:Created: Sep 30, 2014Last Updated: Apr 14, 2015
Created: Apr 21, 2014Last Updated: Jul 10, 2014
Created: Jun 14, 2010Last Updated: May 07, 2016
Created: Aug 11, 2016Last Updated: Sep 10, 2016
Created: Nov 01, 2014Last Updated: Nov 01, 2014
Created: Aug 20, 2016Last Updated: Sep 20, 2016
Created: Nov 09, 2009Last Updated: Nov 10, 2009
Created: Nov 05, 2009Last Updated: Feb 17, 2010
Created: Mar 15, 2008Last Updated: Mar 16, 2008